In this text you will learn about the Metal Spanish tile. It also known as Mediterranean style tile roof. This is a fundamentally new type of metal roofing. Metal Spanish tile is produced with modern Finnish techniques with the observance of all the technologies that provide high quality products. Exquisite and diverse, it enhances stylish look of any building.
Metal roof that looks like spanish tile
Spanish tile is made of the following materials:
- copper alloys
- zinc-coated steel with polymer coating
The material itself in is a sheet of metal with a width up to 0.53 millimeters. The length can be customized with the minimum value of 0.3 m and the maximum of 6 m. However, it is not recommended ordering sheets which are longer than 3 m. Large sheets significantly complicate the installation process.
The Mediterranean tile has a wavy form – smooth and harmonious. Like any other roof it reliably protects building from external influences.
Metal tile roof does not require routine maintenance during the entire operation period. A noticeable advantage is a small overlap of no more than 40 mm. It is worthwhile noticing here that the installation of Spanish tile is carried out only from right to left. Mediterranean tile is attached to the lumber strapping, that allows to compensate for the expansion of the metal which happens after a change in temperature.
Why you should consider Mediterranean tile for your roof?
- Sheets of metal can be made of any customized length. This greatly facilitates the installation work.
- The unique design of the attachment provides a secure joint, which is completely unnoticeable, even from a short distance.
- Overlap of about 40 mm allows the use of small sheets for modular installation of metal tiles.
- Roof tiles can be of various shapes: triangles, parallelograms, trapeziums. It helps to fulfill any design idea.
- Spanish style tile is reliable and durable; it will serve you for many decades.